Table row break across pages

Converting HTML to PDF. Although my CSS contains the following:
table tr td{page-break-inside: avoid;}
table rows still break inside across pages. I expect it to break between rows, not inside rows. What am I doing wrong?

@vladigubler
Could you provide the file and code (snippet) so we can reproduce the situation?

You would need to have a very large table with a lot of rows so it can spill over. Make sure each cell contains multiple lines of text.
For example:

<html>
<body>
<style>
table{
border-collapse: collapse;
}
table tr td
{ 
page-break-inside:avoid;
border: 1px solid #ccc;
}
</style>
<table>
<tr><td><div>aaa</div><div>bbb</div><div>ccc</div><div>ddd</div><div>eee</div></td></tr>
<tr><td><div>aaa</div><div>bbb</div><div>ccc</div><div>ddd</div><div>eee</div></td></tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Expectation: page breaks at between rows.
Reality: page breaks inside the row, with some text of the same cell on one page, and some on the next.

I am not using any special options to convert, just:
HtmlLoadOptions options = new HtmlLoadOptions();

@vladigubler
Please excuse me for the delay in replying.
I contacted the development team and they reproduced the issue. The development team has a task.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-53531

You can obtain Paid Support services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thanks, we are good for now. When do you expect the fix to be released? Just so we know approximately.

@vladigubler
Unfortunately, I can’t give any dates. As soon as there is information on this task, I will let you know.

Fair enough, thanks!

Any update on this issue?

@Miftaul
The development team has made changes to these issues and this issue may be fixed.
Please check it with version 24.03

I do not see ‘PDFNET-53531’ mentioned in any of the release notes since version 22.2

@Miftaul
For file Table.zip (323 Bytes) and code

var options = new HtmlLoadOptions();
var doc = new Document(dataDir + "Table.html", options);
doc.Save(dataDir + "ConvertedTable.pdf");

I got a valid result (although for previous versions there was a cell break)
Please check the work on your side - with your data and in your environment.
It happens that the development team makes changes to priority tasks and these changes work for lower priority tasks, but the team does not track/check them.

hi,
I am a colleague of Vladi.
We are still experiencing this issue when using Aspose.PDF 24.3.0

by using the following code snippet, i generated the attached ConvertedTable.pdf file:

ApplyLicense();
var options = new HtmlLoadOptions();
using (var fs = File.OpenRead("testBreak.html"))
{
    var ms = new MemoryStream();
    fs.CopyTo(ms);
    ms.Position = 0;

Document doc = new Document(ms, options);
    doc.Save("ConvertedTable.pdf");
}

test.zip (3.8 MB)

please suggest on how to resolve the issue.

@genadyv80
I will study this case today and write to you.

@vladigubler
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-56889

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi, thanks!
Is there a way to get a notification when the fix is released?
Or at least when a new version is released?

@genadyv80
status.png (51.8 KB)

You can track the status of tasks here (according to information from the tracker). When a solution is made for a task, the status will change to Resolved, then if it passes the checks to Closed. And in the corresponding release (they come out once a month) there will be changes on this task. Also, for a closed task, a notification will be sent when the version is closed in the tracker.

I cannot access the image…

@genadyv80
Attachments are only available to topic starters and administrators (at first you wrote under a different name). Sent you by private message.

status.png (51.8 KB)