Text Font and Gradient fill not saved in PDF output

Hi,

We have issue with our Aspose Words .NET latest version (16.6.0). We have case where our MS Word 2013 created Template contains text that is gradient filled. There is gradient filled text in English and in Arabic. The Arabic text have to be written with Font (attached in the post). When we save this Word document as PDF with Aspose Words, the gradient fill of the Arabic text is missing and the text is saved as normal black text. If we

I have uploaded sample Word document with gradient filled text and the Arabic Font so you can try to reproduce the issues. Please rename (remove) the attached Font file from .TXT to .OTF

I have previously reported compete issue with gradient filled text when converted to PDF which you resolved (Text with gradient fill not saved in PDF output). But this obviously do not work with Fonts.

Regards

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your inquiry. After an initial test with Aspose.Words for .NET 16.6.0 over Windows 10, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side (see attached 16.6.0.pdf). Please make sure that the following fonts are installed on your machine:

• Calibri
  • Times New Roman
  • GE SS Text Bold
  • Arial

Best regards,

Hi,

I opened your generated PDF, but if you can notice, the Arabic font in the generated PDF if not “GE SS Text Bold”. It is same as below Arial. If you can open my PDF, you can notice that the Arabic bold text with black color is with “GE SS Text Bold” font and looks different from your’s. Also you can check the source Word file that the text looks different.

I have attached print screen with comparison and info

Thanks,

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the additional information. But, if I convert your Word document to PDF format using MS Word 2016, the output is similar to what is shown in 16.6.0.pdf. Please see attached msw-2016.pdf.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

I’m not using MSWord to convert the Word to PDF. I’m using Aspose Words .NET and I’m presenting you the problem in Aspose Words component that need to be resolved. We are converting the Word to PDF on server-side.

Additionally, I have converted the Word to PDF with MS Word 2013, and the output is as expected. Please find attached result and video.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the additional information. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 16.6.0, we now managed to reproduce this issue on our end. We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-14009. Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-14009) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 22.7 update also available on NuGet.