Textbox with Justify not working when text contains a parameter

Hi

Is it by design or a bug that text justify works fine unless I put a parameter or other expression into the text?

Thanks,
Greg

Hi Greg,

Thanks for contacting support.

Recently we have observed some anomalies with Text Justification feature when exporting .RDL file to PDF format. However, can you please share your source .RDL file so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi

Thanks for the response. I have attached an example .RDL file which illustrates the problem. It has a single parameter. And I am trying to put the value of that parameter into a text box along with static text to be justified.

Steps to reproduce ERROR:
1. Upload .RDL to a Report Server 2012 instance
2. View Report
3. Export to PDF via Aspose

Result: The text in the text box is left aligned.

Steps that WORK:
1. Remove Parameter from text box value but leave all the static text in place
2. Upload .RDL to a Report Server 2012 instance
3. View Report
4. Export to PDF via Aspose

Result: The text in the text box is justified.

Thanks

Hi Greg,

Thanks for sharing the resource file.

I am testing the scenario in my environment and will get back to you soon .

Hi Greg,

I have tested the scenario and have observed that Text justification is not being honored and report contents are appearing in left justification. For testing purposes, I have left default INSERT TEST value in parameter field and in second attempt, I have removed the contents and have only left a blank character but in both cases, the report contents are appearing in left justification. For
the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as
PDFREP-33479. We will
investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a
correction.
We
apologize for your inconvenience.

For your reference, I have also attached the resultant files generated in both scenarios. Please take a look.

Hi

Thank you for investigating this. However, we spent a lot of money on this software and it is not able to do what we need it to do. If you are unable to provide us with a fix within 3 business days we will be requesting a full refund.

Please see what you can do to escalate this issue.

Hi Greg,

The development team is already working on fixing this problem and I have also shared your concerns with development team and as soon as we have some definite news regarding the resolution of this problem, we will be more than happy to update you within this forum thread.

Thank you very much.

I look forward to a solution.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your patience.

I have further discussed the problem with development team and we have come to the conclusion that since Text Justification is quite complex scenario, so resolution of this problem in 3 days is quite difficult. However we do have a plan to start investigating the problem early next week and then we will be able to share the possible ETA. Please note that before we share any ETA, first we need to fully understand the problem and figure out the actual reasons of this issue and then we can plan its resolution.

Nevertheless, as soon as we have some definite news regarding the resolution of this problem, we will be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

Hi

In the meantime, while we wait for a solution, could you please tell me how I request a refund. We will be happy to re-purchase when you actually fix our problem. I am hoping that you will provide us with a reasonable ETA this coming week, but unfortunately, we cannot wait indefinitely for a solution. If the ETA we receive is reasonable, then we will not be requesting a refund.

Regards,
Greg

Hi Greg,

As shared earlier, we will start investigating the problem in current week and will try sharing the possible ETA (depending upon the complexity of issue). Therefore I request you to please spare us little time and in case the ETA is not acceptable to you, then you may consider requesting a re-fund. However if you are still interested in proceeding with re-fund, I can ask my fellow workers from Sales team to share the required information.

Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

Hi

Thank you, I will await an ETA before requesting a refund. But I still would like the information on how to proceed with one should the need arise.

I am still hopeful that a solution will be found.

I have an additional problem though. A particular .RDL file we have does not export to PDF via Aspose at all. This does not appear to be a text justification issue but something else. The export completes but the result is a PDF with a 0 byte size.

Would you like me to log that on this thread, or create a new ticket?

greg.madytinos:
Thank you, I will await an ETA before requesting a refund. But I still would like the information on how to proceed with one should the need arise.
Hi Greg,

My fellow workers from respective team will shortly be sharing the required information.

greg.madytinos:
I have an additional problem though. A particular .RDL file we have does not export to PDF via Aspose at all. This does not appear to be a text justification issue but something else. The export completes but the result is a PDF with a 0 byte size.

Would you like me to log that on this thread, or create a new ticket?
In order to keep both issues isolated and to keep track of their resolution individually, it would be better to create a separate thread and share the .RDL file causing this problem. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Hi Greg,

I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services. You can view our refund policy on the website here which also includes instructions of how to go ahead with that process, however I hope you can spare some time for our developers to look into and fix this issue for you.

Cheers,
Adam

Hi

Thanks. I was not planning to request a refund because there has been good dialog. However, it has been a week now and I still haven’t even received an ETA as promised.

Regards,
Greg

No comment?

It does not give me great confidence that you will ever fix this issue if you cannot even give me an ETA in a week.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delayed response.

We have been working on fixing the problem and have created some internal hotfixes and we are testing them in our environment. We are very much hopeful that it will be resolved shortly. Nonetheless, I have again inquired the latest status from development team and as soon as I have some further updates, I will let you know.

Hi Greg,

We have deeply investigated the issue and as per our current estimates, we plan to get the problem resolved within December-2014 and the fix will become available in January-2015. Please note that we need to figure out a generic solution for this problem and we need to test as much possible scenarios as we can. As soon as we have made some definite progress towards its resolution, we will be more than happy to update you with the status of correction.

Please be patient and spare us little time.

Hi

I hope a solution is still on track for some time in January.

Regards,
Greg

Hi Greg,

The development team is still working on fixing this problem and we hope to get this problem fixed by said time. As soon as we have some further updates, we will let you know.