Upgraded .NET PDF Licence from 12 to 24.1 recently Final PDF generating which is not readable

Hi,

We are currently using ASPOSE .Net PDF 12.1 version to generate PDF, recently purchased new OEM Licence and upgraded 24.1 also updated Licence file as well.

Currently using Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf(); method to generate PDF using xml template
and since this method is not available anymore used Aspose.Pdf.Document(); method to generate PDF using template, with that one line code application was not giving any errors but final PDF is not readable.

So wondering am I suppose to do more code change any suggestion will help me to move forward with upgrad.

Thanks,
Arun

@vkarunkumar
Please provide the code you used.

Actually code it fails is Bindxml conversion which is failing, do you want me to send the XML ?. I tried online xml to pdf I am not getting PDF generated may be some tags not recognized in latest version I need help on that.

Let me know if you want me to send the xml file.

Thanks,
Arun

@vkarunkumar
Yes, please attach the code and document you are using so that we can study and reproduce the problem and either give you a hint or, if this is an error, create a task for the development team.

I can provide that information private not in public. Let me know how ?

thanks,
Arun

@vkarunkumar
You can use the approach described here How to Send License File to Support Team.

@vkarunkumar
And check checkbox “Private Topic” besides.

@vkarunkumar
As I found out, there has been a change in how Xml files are handled (the schema has been changed). This was a long time ago and I didn’t find any information about this in the documentation. The development team also encountered this situation (the presence of xml files generated by the old version) and came out of it by writing XSLT to translate one into another and calling:

Document.BindXml("old.xml", "translation.xsl").

They provided an example of the file they used, but unfortunately it didn’t work with the document you attached.
generator.zip (2.4 KB)

I’ll create a task for the development team.

@vkarunkumar
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFNET-56679

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this. we have follow up question on this.

• What is the turn around time for solition, I do have more templates and I am not sure will your “.xsl” solution will work for all the templates-

• Based on provided xml if you could able to pin point which tag causing issues or stopping to create the PDF will help us to find the alternate way for it.

Trying to figure out easy and fast solution on this.

Thanks,
Arun

@vkarunkumar

The ticket will be investigated and resolved on a first come first serve basis as per the policy of free support model. Furthermore, we are afraid that we cannot comment on the issue further without its complete investigation. We will surely inform you as soon as we have some updates to share. Please spare us some time.

@vkarunkumar

I corresponded with the development team and they do not promise any deadlines. It seemed to me that they do not plan to return to what they left. Therefore, we need to come up with options and please tell us your situation in more detail. What did you do using the 12.1 library, what do you have (what data), what do you need to be able to do? Better to be more detailed than brief.

As I understand it, there are a lot of changes (more than one tag, otherwise it would have been corrected), but I will also try to find out this in more detail.

@vkarunkumar
For the document you attached, the tags were replaced (for now manually for testing) with , respectively (in addition, something with a capital letter is needed It was necessary to write somewhere for the numbers “.” to “,” I had to change it and for the pictures in three places the path “f:\2\image_2.png”) was specified.
For the resulting Xml file 56679-1.zip (3.7 KB), the code

var doc = new Document();
doc.BindXml(dataDir + "56679-1.xml");
doc.Save(dataDir + "56679-result.pdf");

is worked
Document received at the exit: 56679-result.pdf (943.2 KB)

Let me know if it turned out the way it should be?

Can the provided license can be make it work with older dll (ver 12.0) will solve all over issues, meaning just update the license for the older dll (backward compatibility), if not can you make it work ?

Thanks,
Arun

@vkarunkumar
Currently, existing licenses do not support version 12.1. I can ask the developers about “make it work with older dll (ver 12.0)” - but then what is the point of the new license, you can continue to work with the existing one?

I think a better way is to add to the library the ability to read XML files created by older versions or make some converter.

Have you compared the file 56679-result.pdf with what you get when running version 12.1 with the CML file you attached?

Hi,

Here is my response in green

Currently, existing licenses do not support version 12.1. I can ask the developers about “make it work with older dll (ver 12.0)” - but then what is the point of the new license, you can continue to work with the existing one?

• so we are on-prem and we moving to the cloud and going to have two instances that’s why we purchased an additional license. So, we want minimal to no code change otherwise this will increase our development time and project plan changes

I think a better way is to add to the library the ability to read XML files created by older versions or make some converter.

Not sure which converter you are referring to ?

Have you compared the file 56679-result.pdf with what you get when running version 12.1 with the CML file you attached?

your PDF is the final output, Not sure what you mean by this.

Please clarify.

Thanks,

Arun

@vkarunkumar
I will answer you tomorrow (Monday)

@vkarunkumar

Thanks for the clarification, I now understand your situation better and will be able to explain it to the developers.

The most obvious variant is to add the BindOldXml() or BindXml(name, flag) method something like this to the latest version of the library.
Or maybe a separate console program (converter) to convert the old version of XML into the new one.

The development team, to check the variants, converted the XML document you attached, into a XML document for the latest versions of the library and asked to tell you how much it matches your results (your XML → PDF in version 17.1)