We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

URGENT: Licensing code fails

Hi,

i am using the slides component to generate pptx document. And the code deployed to client environment worked perfectly last month, until now. Now it fails with a strange exception:

Unexpected System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at .†. (Stream stream) at Aspose.Slides.License.SetLicense(Stream stream) at /sanitized/.DAL.PptDOMParser…ctor(Stream fis) at

The licensing code looks as follows:
using (Stream license =
Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().GetManifestResourceStream("/sanitized/.Aspose.Total.lic"))
{
new
Aspose.Slides.License().SetLicense(license);
}

Nothing changed there recently at all. There was no updates installed. It just stopped working.

Please advice. This is critical issue.

Hi Alexey,

The problem highlighted by you is strange that you have not changed any thing and suddenly the license start throwing exception. Please share the sample source project that you are using to reproduce the issue along with information that which version of Aspose.Slides for .NET you are using. Please also share the license file with us using the guidelines shared here. Please notify us here in this thread once you have shared the license file. Please also share the information related to your environment.

Many Thanks,

I don’t know, but it is working again since yesterday. Without any changes in our code…

Okay, let’s close this issue for now. As i said the problem was that exact same code was working in our environment, but at a same time was throwing an exception in client environment.

Hi Alexey,

That is really good that things started to work again on your end. Please share, if there is still an issue.

Many Thanks,