We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Weird licensing problem

I have a c# assembly that uses ASPOSE.Words to perform some of its functions. This assembly has worked well, up until the time that I started using ASPOSE.Words 16.1.

Now when I apply the license file, Aspose.Words.lic, I am receiving an error that my license has expired:





I have added the new license to the project as an embedded resource, which is due to expire on 1/24/2017:



I am unsure where to go with this problem. Is this a bug in the licensing functions of ASPOSE.Words 16.1? Is this an issue with Visual Studio 2015 holding on to the old license file somehow, even though I have added the new license file as an embedded resource?

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please remove old license from your application and embed only new license.

Please use License.IsLicensed property to check either your license is set or not. This property returns true if a valid license has been applied; false if the component is running in evaluation mode. Read following link about applying the license.
Applying the license

If the problem still remains, please post your license file via mail to us. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information. In order to post your license file to us, please follow the instructions provided in the following link:
How to send your license file to an Aspose staff member?
Hi Martin,

Thanks for sharing the license file. We have not found any issue with your license file. We suggest you please remove all older license files from your application, clean your application and execute the same application again. Hope this helps you.

Thanks, Tahir.

I realized that the error was on my part. After repeated builds (with the license issue presumably resolved) I realized that I had neglected to update the Global Assembly Cache with the latest version of my assembly. The version installed there was compiled with the old aspose.words.lic information. Once I reinstalled the new DLL in the GAC, all worked well.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for your time!

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your feedback. It is nice to hear from you that your problem has been solved. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.