Why we can not download zip like we have in the past

Why we can not download zip with one click(individual products or Aspose.Total)

@elumicor,

We have updated the Downloads section. Now the releases are downloaded from NuGet and Maven repositories. Single click and download ZIP file will not work. You can download individual APIs or see the latest release notes at https://downloads.aspose.com/.

You may also visit the URL NuGet Gallery | Packages matching aspose to download the latest versions of Aspose APIs.

Hi Ikram,

I wanted to download the latest aspose.total dll in a zip as I used to and noticed that everything was moved to nuget.

I then move all my aspose references to nuget packages.

Everything seem to work on my local W10 dev machine, however, when I deploy the asp.net mvc dotnet 4.61 site to the webserver (windows 2012 r2) I get the error message below:

========================

Server Error in ‘/’ Application.
Method not found: ‘System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1<System.Net.Http.DelegatingHandler> System.Web.Http.HttpConfiguration.get_MessageHandlers()’.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: ‘System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1<System.Net.Http.DelegatingHandler> System.Web.Http.HttpConfiguration.get_MessageHandlers()’.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: ‘System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1<System.Net.Http.DelegatingHandler> System.Web.Http.HttpConfiguration.get_MessageHandlers()’.]
MyProject.Web.MvcApplication.Application_Start() in C:\Users\Morten\Documents\GitHub\MyProject\src\MyProject.Web\Global.asax.cs:144

[HttpException (0x80004005): Method not found: ‘System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1<System.Net.Http.DelegatingHandler> System.Web.Http.HttpConfiguration.get_MessageHandlers()’.]
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCalledForIntegratedMode(HttpContext context, HttpApplication app) +535
System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +166
System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +169
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +372
System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +329

[HttpException (0x80004005): Method not found: ‘System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1<System.Net.Http.DelegatingHandler> System.Web.Http.HttpConfiguration.get_MessageHandlers()’.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +525
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +118
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +708

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.2558.0

========================

I noticed that moving from local aspose dll to nuget packages fetch quite a few other dependencies/references like SkiaSharp and System.Text.Encoding.CodePages and a lot of what appeared to be .netstandard 2 assemblies.

Can you see what the trouble is?
Am I missing something on the server?

Thanks in advance
Best reagards
Morten

I found this stackoverflow thread that hints at the same problem:

…and possible solution

@mortenma,

Please confirm that the license is properly set before accessing any API function. In case the issue persists, forward us a sample project/application demonstrating the issue along with details. We will use the same and try to reproduce the issue at our end and update you about our findings.

the error originates in Global.asax.cs
In Global.asax.cs I set my aspose licenses like below.
The licenses are set before accessing API.
As mentioned the error occured after moving from referencing locally copied aspose assemblies to nuget.

public class MvcApplication : HttpApplication
{
protected void Application_Start()
{

// aspose licenses
	var cellsLicense = new AsposeCells.License();
	cellsLicense.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic");

var wordsLicense = new AsposeWords.License();
	wordsLicense.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic");

var pdfLicense = new AsposePdf.License();
	pdfLicense.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic");

var slidesLicense = new AsposeSlides.License();
	slidesLicense.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic");

var imgLicense = new AsposeImaging.License();
	imgLicense.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic");

var bcLicense = new AsposeBarCode.License();
	bcLicense.SetLicense("Aspose.Total.lic");	

}

}

As mentioned the web-app is running on an IIS hosted by a Windows 2012 server.

Please comment on this:

“I noticed that moving from local aspose dll to nuget packages fetch quite a few other dependencies/references like SkiaSharp and System.Text.Encoding.CodePages and a lot of what appeared to be .netstandard 2 assemblies.”

Do I need to install .netstandard on the web-server?

@mortenma,

Thank you for details. We have further investigated the issue. In case of Aspose.BarCode, we are able to reproduce the issue. The issue has been logged into our system with ID BARCODENET-36898. We will update you here once there is some information or a fix version available in this regard.

OK. Thanks.
I will rollback the move to nuget for the barcode dll. I will let you know how it works out

what whould my "nuget un-install options be?

The aspose.barcode depends on .NETStandard v2.0 and SkiaSharp>=1.6

I also have cells, words, email and pdf installed (via nuget) which also dependens on .NETStandard 2.
Is the error related to aspose.barcode og SkiaSharp?

@mortenma,

There are two ways to resolve this issue (as a workaround).

1. Set exact targetFramework in packages.config. Update the packages XML with the following. It will resolve the issue.
    < packages>
    < package id=“Aspose.BarCode” version=“18.5.0” targetFramework=“net45” />
    < /packages>

2. You may manually download Aspose.BarCode.nupkg, unzip it and add reference to assembly from folder ~/lib/net45 into your project.

For other APIs, we are working and will update you accordingly.

Hi Ikram, I really appreciate your hep.

In my “packages.config” I changed this:
package id=“Aspose.BarCode” version=“18.5.0” targetFramework=“net461”
To this:
package id=“Aspose.BarCode” version=“18.5.0” targetFramework=“net45”
screen shot: 2018-06-01_11-19-02.png (23.6 KB)

Then I re-build the project and rolled into test. I’m still getting the same error.

Also: What do you mean with “For other APIs, we are working and will update you accordingly.”?

/Morten

@mortenma,

This means that we are investigating this issue for other APIs like we need for Aspose.BarCode. A ticket with ID CELLSNET-46154 for investigation of this issue has also been logged regarding Aspose.Cells.

since the issue persists (see my previous post), would you recommend me to remove all aspose nuget packages and revert to locally referenced files?

@mortenma,

Yes, please try the second workaround method of manually download and update us with your feedback.

I have removed aspose nuget packages and reverted back to the same locally referenced aspose assemblies.
The problem persists.

As mentioned the aspose barcode nuget package appear to have also pulled down the following packages:
SkiaSharp
System.Text.Encoding.Codepages
.NETStandard 2.0

What to do with these packages?

removed the SkiaSharp package > problem persists

Removed System.Text.Encoding.CodePages v4.4.0 and now problem is gone.

Removing System.Text.Encoding.CodePages v4.4.0 appear to also have removed .NETStandard assemblies (see screen shots):
assemblies-removed-2.png (15.8 KB)
assemblies-removed-3.png (17.4 KB)
assemblies-removed-1.png (66.0 KB)

I noticed there was an update System.Text.Encoding.CodePages v4.5.0.
I didn’t upgrade and test.

@mortenma,

Thank you for update. We have noted the comments. We will consider it during investigation.

thanks ikram. one question:
When referencing assemblies with dependencies (i.e. BarCode) using download of nuget package, un-zip and copy to local folder must I then also copy and reference all the other assemblies?