We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Wrong Font for certain Arabic Characters

Hello,

I am using Aspose.Words for java to convert .docx file to .pdf. File contains Arabic Characters and is using Dubai font.

Most of the file is converted great, but few characters are shown in Ariel instead of Dubai font.
See Image below:
Badly rendered.png (138.3 KB)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bojan

Input.zip (30.3 KB)
output.pdf (81.8 KB)
Dubai Font TTF.zip (277.3 KB)

@bojancrevar,

Thanks for your inquiry. We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17053. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Awais,

Thank you for the replay.
I tried with more Arabic fonts, like Cairo, but the issue is exactly the same.

We need this for generating some official documents, so it is urgent to know if it will be fixed soon or if we have to look for other solutions.

Please advise.

Regards,
Bojan Crevar
SecondStep

@bojancrevar,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please ZIP and upload your new 1) input Word document, 2) Aspose.Words generated PDF file showing the undesired behavior and 3) Font files here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Hi Awis,

Here are the ziped files:
Files.zip (537.8 KB)

As you can see, the issue is same as with Dubai font - some characters are displayed using Arial font.

Looking forward to your replay.

Regards,
Bojan

A post was split to a new topic: Issue with Dubai Arabic font

@bojancrevar,

Thanks for the additional information. We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17061. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Awais

this is very critical for us. Our client requires this to be sorted.

We bought Aspose product after having purchased another PDF convertor which gave us too many issue in conversion especially around Arabic Characters. Now we are facing issues with Aspose.

Please treat this with some urgency. When can we expect an out come on this please? We need an update COB today latest - otherwise we will have to seek an alternate product

Regards
Mark

@marksinc,

We are currently doing analysis of this issue to determine the root cause. It seems that some glyphs for “Arabic Presentation Forms-B” Unicode codepoints are missing in the “Cairo” font you attached but MS Word uses glyphs for chars from “Arabic” range. Aspose.Words on the other hand performs font fallback for these characters. Maybe advanced typography support in Aspose.Words will help in this case. We are investigating the issue further on our end and will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved or any estimates are available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Awais

we are in a very difficult place and a very tight timeline. We need to print these tomorrow. Is there any chance this will be solved by then?

Is there any other workaround at the moment?

Thanks
Mark

@marksinc,

I am afraid, we have to postpone the implementation of this issue due to complexity.

Rendering Arabic with the Cairo font requires support of advanced typography features such as shaping. Aspose.Words currently does not support these features yet. The ETA for the advanced typography features support is Q4 2018 - Q1 2019.

The only workaround is to switch from Cairo to some font that has glyphs for the characters in Arabic Presentation Form-A and Arabic Presentation Form-B Unicode ranges. Arial is an example of such font.

A post was split to a new topic: Dubai Font for Arabic Word to PDF

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17053) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.1 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.1 update.