XLSX to ODS Conversion Problem

Hi,

we are using Aspose.Cells For Java ver 2.5.4 and we are getting following error message while converting the attached
Dollar.xlsx file in to ODS file

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.ctc.wstx.api.ReaderConfig.doNormalizeLFs(Z)V
com.aspose.cells.b.a.h.j.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.cells.b.a.h.j.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.cells.b.a.h.j.(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.cells.b.a.h.j.(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.cells.kZ.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.cells.kZ.k(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.cells.kZ.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.cells.kY.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.cells.Workbook.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.cells.Workbook.a(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.cells.Workbook.(Unknown Source)
com.intralinks.collabio.conversionservice.AsposeConverter.convertExcel(AsposeConverter.java:67)
com.intralinks.collabio.conversionservice.AsposeConverter.convertExcelToODS(AsposeConverter.java:55)
com.intralinks.collabio.conversionservice.ILFileConverter.processRequest(ILFileConverter.java:151)
com.intralinks.collabio.conversionservice.ILFileConverter.doPost(ILFileConverter.java:43)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

Please provide the resolution for this.

Hi,

Please upgrade to latest versions of the product and try our latest release v7.1.0:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/entry355902.aspx

We have made lots of enhancements in the new versions since the release of v7.0.1.

I have tested converting your attached XLSX file to ODS and it works fine.

Sample code (with new version):
Workbook book = new Workbook("Dollar.xlsx");
book.save(outDollars.ods", FileFormatType.ODS);

Thank you.

Hi,

we can not switch to new version as there are lot of backward compatibility issues with new version and ver 2.5.4 due to which our product shows abnormal behavior, and Aspose team unable to provide us the backward compatibility till yet. so we are bound to use ver 2.5.4.

Please resolve the problem related this issue and provide the solution for ver2.5.4.

Best Regards
Bilal Bashir

Hi Bilal,

I am afraid, we cannot provide fixes based on older versions e.g v2.5.4, so you have to upgrade to latest versions of the product. For your information, we made tremendous enhancements in the new release e.g v7.1.0, v7.0.4… etc. We have fixed lots of compatibility issues in the new versions too. We recommend you to kindly try the new version, if you still find any issue, kindly do provide the template file and sample code to show the issue, we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

I am aware of Aspose new version that is why i am saying it has backward compatibility issues. And this was the Aspose team that suggested us to use ver 2.5.4 due to complete charts and related functionalities for ODS format.

Are you sure that you can not provide the fix in ver2.5.4

Regards

Hi,

I have attached the older last fix (v2.5.4.21) in version 2.5.4 series for you to try it if it makes any difference.

Thank you.

Hi,

It seems you have used another version of woodstox. If you are using a server, maybe the woodstox used was coming with the server, not the one we provided together with aspose.cells.jar in the official version archive. Please correct your classpath to use the woodstox we provided to test whether your issue can be fixed.

Additional information:

In recent versions(such as V7.1.0), we have supported to read charts from ODS template files, also have supported to render charts in ODS template files to image or pdf too. Now we are working on saving charts to ODS files and hopefully we can support it in the first quarter of 2012. If you mainly need reading/rendering charts in ods template files, we think you can try our latest version because it makes much more enhancements than old versions especially for rendering feature. If saving charts are essential feature for you, we are afraid you have to keep using the old versions until we support it in the new versions.

Hi,

i have already mentioned that i am very well aware of new version, it has the functionality that you are mentioning, but still we are unable to use new version as it has backward compatibility issues, Now its the responsibility of Aspose team to provide us the complete compatibility between Aspose new versions and older versions, As we are using v2.5.4 and the xml structures of an ods file generated by v2.5.4 is different to new version thats why our product shows abnormal behavior with newer version.

Please if you are suggesting us to use new version then please resolve the compatibility issues between new and old version first.

Hi,

Did you check the woodstox, we fear you are using some other woodstox library than what we provide, so that’s the reason of your problem.

If you are using older version, then find the correct woodstox library by browsing from this link. Goto your version of the installer, download the zip file, locate the woodstox library and update your classpath.

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/default.aspx