XmlMap

We have version 7.3.2.0 of Cells.

Is XmlMaps working ? I loaded a workbook that I know has xml maps, but xmlmapcollection is returning 0 maps.

Hi,

Could you attach your template file and paste your sample code here, we will check your issue soon.

thank you.

Here is a simple template with one xml map - vba code confirms.

sample code :

Dim wb As Workbook = New Workbook(“C:\Mapping.xls”)
Dim xmlmaps As XmlMapCollection = wb.Worksheets.XmlMaps

xmlmaps.count = 0

Hi,

Thanks for the template file.

I can notice the issue as you have mentioned. The XmpMapCollection.Count is zero instead of "1". I have used your template file which does have "1" XmpMaps as I confirmed. But, when I used the code (below), it still gives me "0".

Sample code:
Workbook wb = new Workbook("e:\\test2\\Mapping.xls");
XmlMapCollection xmlmaps = wb.Worksheets.XmlMaps;
MessageBox.Show(xmlmaps.Count.ToString()); //0 --> Issue

I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-41103 for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Thank you.

Can you provide an estimate on when this will be corrected? Without this functionality we will be forced to pursue alternatives to you component.

This is an important part of our release this fall, and need to begin development as soon as possible, and get this into testing.

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Pete

Hi,

Well, our concerned Chinese developers are on their National Day’s holidays these days. They will join us on Monday (October 08, 2012). Hopefully, we can update you on your issue at the start of next week.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!
PJJTLC:

Can you provide an estimate on when this will be corrected? Without this functionality we will be forced to pursue alternatives to you component.

This is an important part of our release this fall, and need to begin development as soon as possible, and get this into testing.

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Pete

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, we cannot support XmlMap in Ms-Excel 2003 now.

We hope, we could support it in the end of this year.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.4.2 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41103) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Will the XML Maps collection work with .xlsb files? I have an .xlsx file that I am able to view the XMLMaps fine. However if I save the Excel file as .xlsb (but it still contains the maps defined in the UI), they don’t show up in the XML Maps collection.

Is there any reason why? We are converting our documents to binary for reduction in file size etc, but need to retain the ability to parse out the xml maps on the server side. We were hoping your component would allow us to continue to do so…

Hi,

Could you attach your template XLSB file here, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

I unfortunately cannot attach the file publically, as it’s a proprietary document. Is there any way that I can email you offline for you to look into it?

It would be great if we could access the XML map data (output) on the server side without having to use Excel COM Interop.

Andy

Hi,

Sure, you may zip the file and post us via email to reproduce the issue. See the steps on how to send us the zipped archive, we will check it soon.
1: Click the Contact button in the Post.
2: In the drop down list options click "Send Amjad Sahi an Email”.
3: Attach the file as attachment and send it.
4: Once you have done it, kindly confirm us here on this thread.

Thank you.