4 spreadsheets fail (out of 5 million)

These excel files fail hard (attached)

The DLL is from August 22,2012

Thanks
Bob

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please download and use the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.3.2.3

I have tested your files with the latest version and it works fine with the following files. I have also attached the output files generated by the following test code for your reference.

• 2183243.xls
  • 4410194.xls

However, the following 2 files throw exception

• 3375234.xls
  • 5152609.xls

We have logged your issue in our database. We will look into these issues and fix them. Once these issues are resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\5152609.xls”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.xls”, SaveFormat.Excel97To2003);

Exceptions:

3375234.xls

An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Additional information: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.

5152609.xls

An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Additional information: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Hi,

After further investigation, we come to know that your file "5152609.xls" is corrupted. Ms Excel 2007 or 2010 could not open it fine too, it will give you error (Opening it in Ms Excel 2007 will give you error: "File error: data may have been lost") while opening the file into it.

Anyways, since we have logged a ticket for it and we will try to ignore the invalid data in opening the file.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have looked into this issue further and found that the file 5152609.xls is actually corrupt.

It cannot open fine in Ms-Excel 2007 or Ms-Excel 2010. Please see the screenshot below for your reference.

So it is not a bug of Aspose.Cells. Anyway, we will try to ignore the invalid data in opening the file but it will be be great if you could fix your template file to avoid such an exception at your end.

Screenshot:

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.2.4 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41139) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I tried using v 7.3.3.

My results are:

2183243 = illegal characters in path
4410194 = buffer cannot be null

3375234 = works
5152609 = works

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells for .NET

We investigated your issue further and found out that your issue exists when your files are saved back in Xlsx formats.

When the files are saved back in Xls format, these issues do not exist.

We have logged these issues in our database. We will look into them and fix these issues.

Once these issues are fixed or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

2183243 = illegal characters in path

4410194 = buffer cannot be null

Below is a sample test code. I have attached the exception screenshots for your reference.

C#

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.xls”, SaveFormat.Xlsx);

Screenshots of Error:

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.3.1 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41156) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.