Aspose diagram compatibility

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issues DIAGRAMNET-50137, DIAGRAMNET-50161 and DIAGRAMNET-50160 have now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then these fixes will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram for .NET 4.3.0. Its release date is not final yet. We’ll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi Imran,

Thank you for updates.

Is DIAGRAMNET-50162 also resolved ?

Please share status of this issue.

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, It is also marked as fix. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram 4.1.0.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50137;DIAGRAMNET-50160;DIAGRAMNET-50161;DIAGRAMNET-50162) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

Thank you for update.

DIAGRAMNET-50137:
I tried latest update in my project and found that performance related issues are still there. For example:
diagram.AddMaster is still taking 15-17 seconds to execute at my side.
Did you included any different approach, so diagram generation can become faster.
If yes than please guide or if you can provide sample project which can demonstrate faster generation of diagram.

DIAGRAMNET-50162:
Is there a different approach to follow as I am not able to glue shapes using instructed steps available in aspose diagram docs.
Can you provide me sample for this issue also, so I can see how aspose team able to use this functionality.

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please try the code snippet as follows:

Issue id # DIAGRAMNET-50137

Diagram diagram = new Diagram();

string FasStencil = @"C:\AD\test175\NetApp-FAS-series.vss";

Diagram src = new Diagram(FasStencil);

string fasRearEmpty = "FAS80xx rear empty";

diagram.AddMaster(src, fasRearEmpty);

long fasId = diagram.AddShape(32, 81, fasRearEmpty, 0);

Shape shape2 = diagram.Pages[0].Shapes.GetShape(fasId);

shape2.XForm.Height.Ufe.Unit = MeasureConst.IN;

shape2.XForm.Width.Ufe.Unit = MeasureConst.IN;

string fasInner = "FAS8020 rear";

diagram.AddMaster(src, fasInner);

long fasRearID = diagram.AddShape(32, 81, fasInner, 0);

Shape shape3 = diagram.Pages[0].Shapes.GetShape(fasRearID);

shape3.XForm.Height.Ufe.Unit = MeasureConst.IN;

shape3.XForm.Width.Ufe.Unit = MeasureConst.IN;

Issue id # DIAGRAMNET-50162

page1.GlueShapesInContainer(fasId, “U05R”, cabinetId1);

We hope, this helps.

Hi Imran,

Can you please guide me how to change page properties like height, width, page scale and drawing scale.

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Please to refer to the following sample code:

[C#]

diagram.Pages[0].PageSheet.PageProps.PageHeight.Value = 17;
diagram.Pages[0].PageSheet.PageProps.PageHeight.Ufe.Unit = MeasureConst.FT;

diagram.Pages[0].PageSheet.PageProps.PageWidth.Value = 17;

diagram.Pages[0].PageSheet.PageProps.PageWidth.Ufe.Unit = MeasureConst.FT;

diagram.Pages[0].PageSheet.PageProps.PageScale.Value = 0.5;

diagram.Pages[0].PageSheet.PageProps.PageScale.Ufe.Unit = MeasureConst.IN;

diagram.Pages[0].PageSheet.PageProps.DrawingScale.Value = 1;

diagram.Pages[0].PageSheet.PageProps.DrawingScale.Ufe.Unit
= MeasureConst.FT;

Please feel free to reply us in case of any confusion or questions.

Hi Imran,

Thanks a lot for your help and support.

I am able to generate desired output using Aspose now, just facing labeling issue.
Please suggest how can I achieve same output as attached image.

As I don’t find available articles helpful.

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your inquiry. I’m sorry to share with you that there is no way to add text label from the Home>>Tools menu (MS Office 2010). However, you can find and choose text label shape as shown in the screenshot (text_lables.png). It is easy to manage existing shape’s text using above help topics. We hope, this helps.

Please feel free to reply us in case of any confusion or questions.

Hi Imran,

Thanks for your reply but I am asking is there any way to add labels or text programmatically (Using Aspose.Diagram).

If not, can you please log a ticket for this issue ?

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

We’ve logged this feature request under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50221 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked this feature. We’ll let you know once it is supported. We’re sorry for the inconvenience you faced.

Hi Imran,

Thank you for update.
Can you please provide an estimated date for this feature ?

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for contacting support. This feature request has just been logged a week ago. Our development team requires to complete their analysis. At this stage, it is quite difficult for us to provide you an estimate date. However, I have asked the responsible developer to take a look at this feature request shortly. We will be happy to update you regarding any available updates. Please spare us a little time.

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for being patient. From the specifics of ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50221, please use the following source code below:

[C#]
Shape shape = new Shape();
shape.XForm.Width.Value = 1.689;
shape.XForm.Height.Value = 1.689;
shape.XForm.PinX.Value = 1;
shape.XForm.PinY.Value = 1;
shape.XForm.Angle.Value = 0;
shape.Text.Value.Add(new Cp(0));
shape.Text.Value.Add(new Txt(“hello”));
shape.Chars.Add(new Aspose.Diagram.Char());
shape.Chars[0].IX = 0;
shape.Chars[0].Color.Value = “10”;
shape.Chars[0].Font.Value = 4;
shape.Chars[0].Size.Value = 0.22;
shape.Chars[0].Style.Value = StyleValue.Undefined;
int idx = diagram.Pages[0].Shapes.Add(shape);
shape.ID = idx+1;
diagram.Save(“D:\1.vdx”,SaveFileFormat.VDX);

We hope, this helps. Please feel free to reply in case of any confusion or questions.

Hi,

Any new version available for this functionality ?

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for asking about an update. We have verified from the issue tracking system and like to share that the issue is in progress. However, we have requested about the updated status of the issue from our development team and will share feedback with you as soon as it will be shared by our development team. A workaround to avoid this issue has already been shared in my above reply. You can keep using this workaround in the meantime.

Hi Imran,

Any update on labelling issue ?
I have tried workaround shared by you but it was not helpful.

Thank You

Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please share details of the issue, you’re facing while using the workaround code. It works perfectly on my end. However, we’ll check and guide you accordingly.

Hi Imran,

Please have a look on attached project and guide me accordingly to achieve labeling.
I am trying to set label on shape.

Please get stencil from this thread as i am not able to attached stencil due to size constraint.
Stencils attachment is available on 1st page, please refer “fas stencil”.

Please revert with solution asap, we are running in tight schedule.

Thank You