AsposeBarcodeForJava with Java21, Failed to set license. Details: Failed to check signature of license file

My old license could be read and checked, but it’s of course expired. My new license from today does not work with Aspose 23.12 and classifier 18.

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'asposeLicenseConfiguration': Invocation of init method failed
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:222)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyBeanPostProcessorsBeforeInitialization(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:419)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1762)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:598)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:520)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.lambda$doGetBean$0(AbstractBeanFactory.java:325)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:234)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:323)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:199)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:973)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:950)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:616)
	at org.springframework.boot.web.servlet.context.ServletWebServerApplicationContext.refresh(ServletWebServerApplicationContext.java:146)
	at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.refresh(SpringApplication.java:738)
	at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.refreshContext(SpringApplication.java:440)
	at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.run(SpringApplication.java:316)
	at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.run(SpringApplication.java:1306)
	at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.run(SpringApplication.java:1295)
	at de.lv1871.dms.barcode.Barcode.main(Barcode.java:12)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Failed to set license. Details: Failed to check signature of license file
	at com.aspose.barcode.License.setLicense(Unknown Source)
	at de.lv1871.dms.barcode.config.AsposeLicenseConfiguration.setAsposeLicence(AsposeLicenseConfiguration.java:18)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DirectMethodHandleAccessor.invoke(DirectMethodHandleAccessor.java:103)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:580)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$LifecycleMethod.invoke(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:457)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor$LifecycleMetadata.invokeInitMethods(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:401)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:219)
	... 18 common frames omitted

@FilkeS,

Please send us your license file. Please do not attach the license file with this post here. Send the license file via private message. Please see the document and follow the guidelines on how to send license file for your reference:

Once we receive your license file, we will start evaluating your issue on our end.

I have sent you @amjad.sahi the license in a private message

@FilkeS,

Thanks for the license file via private message.

We will be looking into your issue soon.

@FilkeS,

I was able to reproduce the issue you mentioned by using your license file and following simplest lines of code in a console (Java) app.

com.aspose.barcode.License lic1 = new com.aspose.barcode.License();
lic1.setLicense("f:\\Files\\Aspose.BarCode.Java.lic");//exception

We require thorough evaluation of your issue. Also, we will check your license file if it is a valid file or it has been changed a bit.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): BARCODEJAVA-1758

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@amjad.sahi
I read about changed license like spaces or other little changes. i verified it three times that nothing has changed the file. I should be exact the file i got.

@FilkeS,

Thanks for your confirmation.

Please spare us little time and let us evaluate your issue using your license file in details. Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

@amjad.sahi Do you have some new information’s for me? I see that i am not the only one with this problem Failed to check signature of license file. Do i get a new license or will it be fixed with the next release?

@FilkeS,

We are sorry but your issue is not resolved yet although it is in process. Hopefully it will be fixed in one of the upcoming releases.

Once we fix it or we have any new information available, we will update you.

@FilkeS,

We have studied your issue in detail. This is related to a known problem with non-ASCII symbols. We will fix it using your provided license file. Moreover, to provide you with temporary relief, we have decided to issue you a new license. We have already requested the sales team to provide you with new license files that contain only ASCII symbols and should work for the intended purpose. Hopefully, you will receive the new license from the sales team.

@FilkeS,

Have you received the new/fixed license via email from Sales team?

I have also sent you the fixed license via a private message, so you may find the new/fixed license attached and get it from the private message.

Let me know if the new/fixed license works fine now.

PS. Please note, our upcoming release Aspose.BarCode for Java 24.2 will include the fix for your issue, so you may even use your original license with it and it will work.