Dropdown and Chart are removed from workbook after Save

Hi Aspose team,

I’ve noticed a strange issue with one of my files. Namely, when I’m opening my XLS- file and immediately save it I’m getting these issues in the resulting file:

- - The dropdown on the right-hand side appears to be removed from the worksheet.

- - The same fate for the Chart.

- - Sheet1 contains word “test” in the original file. But in resulting file this word appears on the Sheet2 instead.

- - Sheet1 loses gridlines. Not a big deal but it wasn’t expected.

The versions I’m using: Windows 7 64-bit, Office 2010 32-bit, Aspose.Cells .Net 7.1.0.0.

The code sample is simple as it could be:

var loadOptions = new LoadOptions(LoadFormat.Auto)

{

LoadDataOnly = false,

ParsingFormulaOnOpen = true,

ConvertNumericData = false

};

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("Sample_original.xls", loadOptions);

workbook.Save("Processed.xls", SaveFormat.Excel97To2003);

Could you please take a look and provide a fix for the mentioned issues or provide a workaround (if any)?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

When I opened your source xls file Sample_original.xls, it shows me an error message in Ms-Excel 2010. It is a corrupt file.

Please use the correct/fixed file and see if it resolves your issue. If the problem still occurs, provide us your source file.

Please see the screenshot showing error.

Screenshot:

Yes, for me it shows this warning as well. And unfortunately I have no idea how to make it “non-corrupted” in the Excel.
Also I’m working with my files through Aspose.Cell, I’m not always have possibility to open the file first to check if it is corrupted or not.
May be it would make sense to throw an exception during Workbook open so my program will be able to catch this issues?
Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

We have logged this issue for investigation in our database.

Development team will look into it and provide you a fix or some advice.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40394.

Hi,

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.1.1.2

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40394) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.