Excel chart legends shrinking when excel workbook get saved using Aspose

I have an application in which I have Excel workbook with legend on chart and when I save it legends are shrinking.

Environment info:

Excel version: Office 2007

Excel workbook format: Excel 97-2003 Workbook (.xls)

Espose.Cells runtime version: v2.0.50727

Espose.Cells version: 5.3.3.0

Code snippet:

[Test]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

public void Aspose_Legend_Shrinking_Test()

{

const string excelFile = @"C:\Users\mpatel\Desktop\GraphLegend.xls";

const string excelFile1 = @"C:\Users\mpatel\Desktop\GraphLegendOutput.xls";

var wb = new Workbook(excelFile);

wb.Save(excelFile1, SaveFormat.Excel97To2003);

}

I have attached GraphLegend.xls here please use it for this test.

In GraphLegend.xls legend size was 8 and in GraphLegendOutput.xls it’s shrinking to 7.4

Hi,

I am able to reproduce this issue using the latest fix version of Aspose.Cells for .NET v5.3.3.1. Please see the attached image, there is very little difference between the input and output files. Well, we have logged it under TicketID CELLSNET-27781. We will look into it very soon.

Hi,

When you axpect to have this fix ready?

Thanks,

Meet

Hi,

We normally take 3-4 days to deliver the fix, if problem is not too complicated. Right now, I am afraid we do not have any updates on both of your reported issues [CELLSNET-27794 and CELLSNET-27781]. As soon as we get any news, we will post it here.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download Aspose.Cells for .NET v5.3.3.2

Hi,

Are these hotfixes are cumulative?

And these fixes will be in next release?

Thanks,

Meet

Hi,

You can use this hot fix for your requirements as long as you wish; it will behave like an official release. It is an intermediate kind of version which is provided as a fix against
some bugs or new features/enhancements. Normally, a bug fix version is
posted in the support forums. Moreover, it is to be noted that our next official release would include all the functionality of the previous fixes (including this one).

Thank you.

I am just trying to understand your fix release system here.

So now if somebody else requests fix for any other bug that hot fix will include this fix as well or not??

I mean all your hot fixes are cumulative??

Hi,

Well, when we fix some issue(s) or enhance any feature, we provide a fix to the user for his need. We normally add 1 to the revision part (last part) of the version number (x.x.x.X). Any fix/version that comes after your fix (v5.3.3.2) would surely include all the functionality of the previous fixes. Moreover, when we compile new official release of the product, it does include all the functionality / features of the previous fix too.

Have a good day!

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 27781) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Guys,

Our QA team did some testing with other workbook and found this issue still exist in latest (In 6.0.0.0) version.

I have attached that workbook here. That chart is on ROE worksheet.

Note: It’s not reproducible with the old worksheet I provided you.

Our release date is very close please provide help ASAP.

Thanks,

Meet

Hi,

Thanks for providing your template file.

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you have talked about. I have re-opened your issue again. We will fix it soon.

Thank you.

Hi Guys,

Any update on this??

Hi,

I am afraid, this issue is not yet fixed. I have requested an ETA for this issue. We will update you asap.

Hi,

This issue is complex.

We have to take some time to fix it.

Can you please provide rough estimate how much time this could take?

Thanks,
Meet

Hi,

We will check if we can provide you an eta for the issue, we will get back to you soon.

thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.0.1

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 27781) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

We have our product released with this version (6.0.0.0) and if we update to
the version 7.0.0.1 where this issue is fixed we are running in a set of other
problems.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p></o:p>

It is possible to have the fix (filed as 27781) ported to version 6.0.0.0 ?<o:p></o:p>