I have noticed a couple of issues about the way that Gridweb displays some Excel workbooks. Please have a look to the attached screenshot.
You will see 2 problems;
- The first is that gridweb is not able to display different font colors. As you can see there is a cell which contains “Tableaux résultats e-pilot”. The font should be bold and red. The font weight is ok but the font color is not.
- The second one is that on this workbook, we choose to mask grey grid lines and it seems that Gridweb does not handle this because they are displayed.
Thanks for the screenshot and details.
Could you also provide us your template Excel file, we will test the issue by loading the file into Aspose.Cells.GridWeb and log a ticket for the issue (if found), so it could be fixed soon.
Here is the template file which shows all the problems I could find about layout.
Please open it on Excel and Gridweb to compare.
Thanks for the template file.
After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by importing your template XLSM file into GridWeb. I found that certain formatting elements (e.g font attributes, borders, text orientation, hyperlinks, back/fore color, etc.) in the template XLSM file are not imported correctly.e.g
I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-44792” for your issue. We will look into it soon.
Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.
Could you please tell me when I can expect to have the fix?
Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.
We are afraid there is no update for you at this moment regarding this issue. However, we have logged your comment in our database against this issue and requested the product team to provide some fix or ETA for this issue. Once there is some news for you, we will update you asap by posting in this thread.
Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-44792 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.
Besides, in the upcoming new fix, if you want the alignment, please set needInitAlignmentAdjust to true in acwmain.js.
Please try the latest version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb for .NET 16.10.3 for the issue logged earlier as CELLSNET-44792, and share your feedback.
I updated my project with the last version of GridWeb dll and I noticed some new issues.
First of all, I attached to this post the project which reproduces the problems.
- When I scroll down to the bottom of the worksheet, the last rows are not displayed. For exemple, on the worksheet “C3” I cannot see “BILAN”, “COMPTE DE RESULTAT” and “TOTAL” rows.
- On worksheet with some fixed rows, when I scroll down to the bottom of the page and then scroll up, the fixed rows are displayed 2 times (worksheet “I. 100”).
- Sometimes, scrollbar postback never end (Loading, please wait never disappears). I need to reexecute the project to make it works again. (Often, on the worksheet “I. 100”).
- It’s not possible to expand/collapse grouped rows/columns. They seem to be automatically expanded on load but I cannot collapse them and there is no way to see that they are grouped or not. They are displayed as normal rows.
Please tell me if you are able to reproduce these 4 issues,
Thank you for writing back.
I have evaluated first three cases and I am able to replicate 2 issues as detailed below.
- CELLSNET-44858: Scroll postback never ends
- CELLSNET-44859: GridWeb loads worksheet incompletely
I also tried to replicate the problem related to the duplication of fixed rows however, the scroll postback seems to hang every time therefore I am not able to observe the said problem, however, I will keep on working this scenario and share my feedback.
Regarding the grouped rows/columns, please allow me some time to discuss this matter with concerned member of the product team and update you here.
Thanks for your reply,
Maybe you will be able to replicate the problem related to the duplication of fixed rows when the CELLSNET-44858 will be fixed.
I’m waiting for any update from you about my issues,
I have switched to FireFox and I am now able to replicate the issue related to the duplication of fixed rows. Please note, postback does not seem to hang if page is loaded in FireFox, whereas in IE 11, it happened very frequently. Please note, the issue related to the duplication of fixed rows have been logged as CELLSNET-44860. Please spare us little to to analyze the case and revert back with updates in this regard.
Indeed, every of our issues are reproduced in IE11 because we only use this browser.
The workbook I attached you on my previous post uses a lot of Excel features (fixed rows/columns, grouped rows/columns, links between worksheets, advanced workbook style/layout). I think it’s a good one to perform your test before sending me a new version.
About CELLSNET-44792 issue, I am still able to reproduce 4 problems:
- Combobox inside cell is not displayed (C5)
- Web links are opened on the same page. It should be opened on another page to let user work on his workbook (D5).
- Dotted borders are displayed only on top/bottom of the cell (F5)
- Special borders are not displayed (H5:I6).
The workbook I have attached to this post includes all these issues.
lswe:- It's not possible to expand/collapse grouped rows/columns. They seem to be automatically expanded on load but I cannot collapse them and there is no way to see that they are grouped or not. They are displayed as normal rows.
Please note, the current version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb does not support to display the grouped rows/columns therefore while loading a spreadsheet containing the grouped rows/columns, they are being displayed as normal rows/columns without any collapse/expand buttons. I have logged a feature request with Id CELLSNET-44862 in this regard. Please spare us little time to analyze this feature for feasibility and get back with updates in this regard.
lswe:About CELLSNET-44792 issue, I am still able to reproduce 4 problems:- Combobox inside cell is not displayed (C5)- Web links are opened on the same page. It should be opened on another page to let user work on his workbook (D5).- Dotted borders are displayed only on top/bottom of the cell (F5)- Special borders are not displayed (H5:I6).The workbook I have attached to this post includes all these issues.
Thank you for sharing a new sample. I have evaluated all mentioned cases and I am able to observe only 2 problems as detailed below.
- CELLSNET-44864: Web links opens in the same page where GridWeb is loaded.
- CELLSNET-44865: Dotted borders do not appear on all sides of the cell.
Regarding other 2 issues, please find the details below.
- The ComboBox in the cell C5 has rendered fine in the GridWeb interface on my end. Please note, the ComboBox selection pane appears only when the cell is selected. Please check attached snapshot (list-C5.png) for your reference.
- The special borders for the cell range H5:I6 has rendered on my side. Please check the attached snapshot (special-borders-H5I6.png). However, I can see the difference in the line style. Please note, due to the limited border styles offered for Web, we will not be able to make the line style exactly as Excel.
Indeed, for the combobox, if I select the cell, I am able to see the dropdown and select another value.
For the special borders, it's more or less the answer I expected but I prefered to ask. It's ok.
Let's resume all the issues you have logged:
CELLSNET-44864: Web links opens in the same page where GridWeb is loaded.
CELLSNET-44865: Dotted borders do not appear on all sides of the cell.
CELLSNET-44862: grouped lines/columns feature
CELLSNET-44860: fixed rows/columns appears 2 times on postback
CELLSNET-44858: Scroll postback never ends
CELLSNET-44859: GridWeb loads worksheet incompletely
I hope I will have an update soon,
Thank you for summarizing the newly logged issues in single post. Please note, all of these issues are currently pending for analysis and are in the queue. We will share the results here as soon as we have completed the preliminary analysis.
That said, we humbly request you to always post distinct problems/concerns in individual threads for better visibility and tracking of your requests.
Please try the latest version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb 16.10.6 against the problem logged earlier as CELLSNET-44864.