Lose Track Changes after conversion

Hello,

When I convert shared workbook xls -> xlsm, as result I have workbook, where checkbox for sharing is disabled and all TrackChanges are Accepted. Aspose.Word converts document with TrackChanges correctly. Is in Aspose.Cell any option to prevent loosing TrackChanges?

Thank you,
Alex Shloma
Hi,

Please download and use our latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.2.2.1 and see if it resolves your problem.

If the problem still occurs, then please provide us your source and output file. Also, share a screen shot to denote the issue.

We will look into it and help you asap

Hi,

Thank you for quick answer. I’ve attached sample project and sample Word and Excel documents: before and after conversion. Also I’ve attached few screenshots to show existence of TrackChanges in Excel before conversion.

Thanks,
Alex
Hi,

Thanks for the template files.

I can find the issue as you have mentioned via your screen shots / details. The Track Changes' drop down has disabled option i.e., "Accept / Reject Changes". Also, the "Allow changes..." check box under Share Workbook command is unchecked in the converted XLSM file in MS Excel.

Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(@"E:\test2\TestAsposeTrCh\TrCh.xls");
workbook.Save(@"E:\test2\TestAsposeTrCh\out_TrCh.xlsm",SaveFormat.Xlsm);

I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-40787. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Do we have any news about this ticket?

Best regards,
Alex Shloma

Hi,

I am afraid, your issue is not resolved yet (I tested with latest version/fix and still find the issue). It seems work was started to figure out your issue but never completed. I have asked the concerned developer to share the update on it. I have also logged your comments against your issue “CELLSNET-40787” into our database.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Could you please move this ticket to Priority Support forum?

Thanks in advance,

Alex Shloma

Hi Alex Shloma,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Before we could move your thread to Priority Support Forum, please refer to this post and let us know your decision.

( Equation disappears during format conversion (xlsx -> xls) )

Hi Shakeel,

Thank you for explanations regarding priority support. Ignore my previous request. I will open separate tickets in priority forum.

Best regards,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

Thanks for letting us know your decision and using Aspose.Cells.

Once, you will open separate tickets in priority forum, we will raise the priority of your requested issue.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask, we will be glad to help you asap.

Hi Shakeel,

I see that Aspose.Cell still accepts tracked changes during conversion from legacy format to OpenXML. Do you have any news or estimated time?

Many thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex,

I have checked the issue status

• CELLSNET-40787 - Lose Track Changes after conversion (XLS --> XLSM)

and found that the issue is still unresolved. However, I have logged your comment in our database against this issue. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Is there any progress on the issue? When do you plan to fix?

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

We are afraid, there is no update for you and the issue is still unresolved. However, we have again logged your comment for product team consideration and requested the team to provide some fix or ETA for this issue. Once there is some news for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Is there any progress?

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi,

Your issue is in progress however there is no ETA available. We have logged your comment again and requested the product team to provide some update or ETA for this issue. Once there is some news for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi

Is there any progress on this for the last year?

Thanks,
Alex

Hi,

It looks like our product team could not find more time (due to other priority tasks on hand) to work on it or could not implement it (due to complexity involved) yet. I have again intimated the concerned developer from product team to share latest updates on it. Once we receive any new information, we will share it with you.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

@licenses

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-40787 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40787) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.9.