Problem setting Total license for Slides

We’ve just acquired a license file Aspose.Total for Java. I added the following codes in a place where my app initializes. The setLicense() method works OK for PDF, Cells and Words but fails for Slides with the message “License stream is not available for reading.” I’m using aspose.slides.14-4-0.

// Initializer codes
try {
// create license object for each component
new com.aspose.pdf.License().setLicense(LICENSE_FILE);
new com.aspose.cells.License().setLicense(LICENSE_FILE);
new com.aspose.words.License().setLicense(LICENSE_FILE);
new com.aspose.slides.License().setLicense(LICENSE_FILE);
logger.info(“AsposeServlet initialized”);
} catch (Exception e) {
Utils.logStackTrace(“Initialization error”, e);
}

// Stack-trace
[THREAD=http-bio-8080-exec-1] 2014-08-21 14:36:47 WARN Utils:47 - Initialization error
[THREAD=http-bio-8080-exec-1] 2014-08-21 14:36:47 WARN Utils:51 - class com.aspose.slides.p6a2feef8.pbdb106a0.cu: License stream is not available for reading
com.aspose.slides.License.setLicense(Unknown Source)
com.livehive.asposewrapper.AsposeServlet2.init(AsposeServlet2.java:49)
javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:158)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1284)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1197)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:864)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:134)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)

Please advise,
- An

I also have same issue with aspose.slides.14-5-0.

Please advise.
-An

Please escalate addressing this issue. We’ve just purchased a AsposeTotal license but cannot make use of it because of this issue.

Thanks,
An

Hi An,

We are investigating the issue and will get back to you soon.

Best Regards,

I have the same problem - hasn’t it been sorted yet?

Advice welcomed please as I am new to using Aspose.

Hi John,

Thanks for getting in touch and it’s unfortunate to hear you are having trouble setting your temporary license. We will get this sorted for you as as quick as possible.

To help us diagnose the issue can you please confirm what version of Aspose.Slides you are using and also the code you are using to set the license?

Thanks,

Hi An,

I have observed the information shared by you and suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 16.2.0 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the license file with us by following these guidelines. Please notify us here in this thread once you share the license file.

Many Thanks,

I have found the fix - Aspose slides seems to need the full path of the licence file to be specified rather than specifying the licence by file name only if it is located in the same folder as the aspose .jar files (as per the other product modules like words, cells, imaging, etc). E.g

// for slides
license.setLicense("D:\\Aspose\\AsposeLibTotal\\aspose-diagram-6.1.0-java\\Aspose.Total.Java.lic");

// for all other modules
license.setLicense("Aspose.Total.Java.lic");

Hope this helps other people and gets fixed!

Hi John,

I have observed the comments shared by you and like to share that the similar post by you has also been shared in Aspose.Slides forum as well. I have shared my feedback in Aspose.Slides forum over this link. If there is any further inquiry in this regard related to Aspose.Slides then please share that in Aspose.Slides forum thread. I will try my best to help you further in every possible way.

Many Thanks,