XLS file won't open without errors after removing OleObjects

Attached is a simple test workbook in XLS format that has a single worksheet with a single OleObject on it. If I remove the OleObject via Aspose, errors occur when the resulting workbook is opened in Excel. If you let Excel do error recovery, then the resulting document also still has the OleObject in it. Is there something else that needs to be done to remove OleObjects from XLS files? The same problem does not occur with XLSX files, or if I open an XLS, remove the object, and then save as an XLSX - it only happens when .

Here's some sample code that'll work with the attached file:

Dim Workbook = New Aspose.Cells.Workbook(SourceFile)
Workbook.Worksheets(0).OleObjects.Clear()
Workbook.Save(DestFile)

My tests were done using Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.2.1.

Thanks for any help on this,

Michael Whalen

Hi,

Thanks for the sample file and sharing the code segment.

After an initial test, I can find the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template file. If we remove the Ole object via Aspose.Cells, errors occur when the resulting workbook is opened into MS Excel. If we let MS Excel do the error recovery, then the resulting document also still has the OleObject in it. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41939” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.2.2 and let us know your feedback.

That appears to have cleared up this issue. Thanks for the quick response.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest fix. If you encounter any other issue, please feel free to post, we will be glad to help you further.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41939) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.