Blank columns being added to excel with aspose

Hi,
i am running aspose.cell with Report builder 3.When i
export the file to standard excel ,the file looks good(no blank
columns), i am able to pivot this report.

When exporting with one
of the aspose excel options, blank columns are in between a few of the
fields, thus resulting in a report that cant be pivoted, i have checked
column and row alignment, everything is fine, yet this does not resolve
my issues…Please advise if their is something else i can try, as this
issue only occurs when using the aspose functionality

Thanks in advance

I would upoad a example but nothing is being added to this post

I have tried addinig it as an excel doc/zip file and the rdl file

Hi,

Thanks for your query.

Well, we need your sample report define file to evaluate your issue, then we will be in better position to sort your issue out. To attach your attachment, while replying to this post, please click “Add/Update” button (below), choose your file and Save it.

Also, could you please download and try the latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.8.0.14.
If it makes any difference.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

please find attached file as per initial query , which i couldnt attach with my initial request.

I have installed the version that you recommended and executed reports and tested again,to no avail.

, i hope you can see something i am missing,this was a rdl file from report writer 2008(report writer 3)

Thanks in advance

Mark

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the template Excel files and RDL file.

I have logged a ticket for your issue with an id: SSRS-40020. We will soon figure it out and let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have checked and fixed the issues.

Please download and try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.8.0.15.

Please update Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll in following folder:

${SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

If you need to use excel pivot table, we suggest you to try Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services Report Designer to design new report to support pivot table.

Please refer to working with pivot table section of the Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services user guide.

Hi

i updated the dll file as requested, the blank cells are still coming up as original problem mentioned, we are still using the trila version, but would like to buy the full package, but it doesnt help if we arent able to view files correctly.

I dont think the trila version comes with the pivot app you mentioned, also it is very difficult to rewrite all our reports in Aspose asn we have a large amount of SSRS reports,

Pplease advise on what to do now.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.

I have logged your comment in the database. Development team will investigate this issue and we will get back to you asap.

Please make sure you are using the latest version as I provided above. Also let me know, if you are using SSRS 2008 or SSRS 2008 R2.

The comment has been logged against the issue id: SSRS-40020

Hi,

I am using the SQL2008 R2 report builder 3.0

I have also updated the software with the latest version you suggested

Thanking you in advance

Hi,

We had checked your provided excel files.

Does blank column mean that there exists merge column in excel file?

We have fixed this issues.

Please check Report40020.xlsx file which we export excel file with Sales_Basic.rdl

If it meets your need , please download and try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.8.0.16 (MSI)

If it does not meet your requirement, please describe in detail. We will check it.

Hi Guys

Just to let you know your latest fix v.16 has fixed my problem with the blank cells appearing, i have checked several problematic reports with successful results…

Thank you so much for prompt,friendly, patient and efficient service.It was a pleasure dealing with you guys.

I have however 1 question, currently we are running the evaluation version, and would like to purchase the full aspose.cells version, knowing we have great after sales services if required.

Could some one please Quote me on the aspose cells product

Thanking you in advance
Mark.

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is resolved now.

Regarding licensing or purchasing, please post a query in Aspose.Purchase forum, our one of sales representative will help you soon:
http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.purchase/220/showforum.aspx

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SSRS-40020) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.